I was always under the impression that W Burger Bar was a take-out burger joint, so on my first visit here, I was surprised to see that it was an actual bar! Mike and I arrived at a good time, as we only had a five minute wait before we were seated. Soon afterwards, a group had formed by the door waiting for seats.
- A fried egg, bacon and roasted red peppers ($1.25 each)
- Avocado or a Portobello mushroom ($2.50 each)
I also ordered a side of fresh cut fries ($2.99). I loved these! They were the perfect thickness (I prefer my fries to be a little thinner) and were perfectly crispy. I recommend getting a side of the garlic mayo for the fries, but beware, because the stuff is extremely addictive. I went through 2 servings of it! Mike went with a side of panko breaded onion rings ($3.99). According to him, the onion rings here are the best, and I agree wholeheartedly. The rings were cut very big, so the serving only came with a few onion rings, but they were all really tasty.
As a warning, the restaurant gets extremely loud when it’s full of people. We found it difficult hearing each other even though we weren’t sitting very far apart. It really didn’t help either that the tables were placed really close together. Despite this, the food was definitely a hit. Since this initial visit, I’ve been back several times and I’ve always had a positive experience!
At a glance:
- Located conveniently at Yonge and College
- Large assortment of complimentary toppings and condiments
- Delicious burgers, fries and onion rings
- The restaurant can get pretty loud so it may be difficult trying to hold a conversation